Originally named “Member Galleries” but now we’re elevating it to a higher more immersive level and doing a spin-off into “Themed Public Challenges.” “What is it?”, you ask? Lets break it down;
- These challenges are not judged. They are to have fun, improve our skills and interact with each other. However, once the challenges come to a close, all participants will be displayed in a presentation video and the submitted images will also be added to the corresponding theme gallery from the Member Galleries page which are open to the public and will be great exposure for you!
- These challenges will run for 3 months at a time which will be the months that we don’t have our tri-quarterly shows. So challenges will run from MAR. through MAY, JUL. through SEP., NOV. through JAN.
- Registration will be required to participate in these challenges so we may keep track of the participants and due to the fact that…
- Artists will be grouped by their artist level. So all Novice participants that register will be grouped together, all Intermediate participants will be grouped together, etc.
- Admin. will host a LIVE feed in our group for all the registered participants to join as Admin. will spin the Theme Wheel, which will use the same themes that are in the Member Galleries, for each of our artist levels that registered (Novice Intermediate, Advanced & Professional) so we will spin the wheel four times and whichever sculpting theme is assigned to your artist level is what you will sculpt during the 3-month challenge. This is done to challenge yourself with something you normally don’t create to stretch your limits and skills… AND have FUN with each other!
You create your sculpture in the category/genre that was assigned to your artist level and once complete we will submit them to that particular gallery category to be displayed to the public. We’ll do the same with each challenge and it will add artistic diversity to our Membership community and sculpting skills set.
It will also challenge us to go out of our artistic comfort zone so that we may evolve and grow not only as an artist but as a human being because challenging ourselves here will spill into the rest of our lives and how we live it on a daily basis. This will expand the horizons of IADR and its incredible Members!
Challenge Registration is required for each challenge before you can submit your final “Best In Show” photo(s) so we may keep track of the participants as we will group all artists together with other artists that register at the same artist level.